cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Robert_Hess
GoTo Contributor

Workaround: Attendees cannot hear audio from uploaded MP4 video or shared Youtube Video

In a GoToWebinar when sharing an uploaded MP4 video or a Youtube video, sometimes attendees might not hear the sound of this video.

This happens because GoToWebinar always uses the operating system default audio device to playback this audio stream at the attendee side, even when the user selected another device as the audio output in the GoToWebinar settings.

So in case the operating default audio device is muted or off, they will not hear any sound from the video at all.

Workaround:

If this happens to a user, they need to set the device they want to use within the GoToWebinar as the default audio device in their operating systems settings. This will enable them to also hear the sound of the uploaded MP4 or Youtube video.

We are aware that this is just a workaround and are working to resolve the issue.

1 REPLY 1
hladep
Active Contributor

Re: Workaround: Attendees cannot hear audio from uploaded MP4 video or shared Youtube Video

Can you elaborate on this workaround? If I am using the phone for audio (because I have hearing aides), how do I implement this workaround so I can hear audio that other attendees using the computer can hear?