cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
donalmurphy
Active Contributor

Presenter Viewing Materials when playing a uploaded video results in video starting over

I used the new version of the GoToWebinar platform for the first time today. Part of my broadcast was sharing a pre-recorded talk. I did so from the main Sharing icon at the bottom of the Organizer dashboard. Everything was working great until 20 minutes into the recording, when I chose to click on the Materials icon at the top of the Organizer dashboard to confirm that the pdfs I uploaded for attendees were there and displaying properly. The pre-recorded video was also listed among the Materials list and for reasons unknown the platform seemed to switch over to the pre-recorded video among the Materials list and started playing the video again from the beginning. Luckily in this new version of the platform you can now fast-forward a video (thank you for that!), so I quickly moved the video to the spot where we left off. After the webinar I set up some test webinars to confirm if I may have done something wrong, but the same thing continued to happen. Is this a known issue? Is this user error? Is there some function I'm not aware of that I can turn on/turn off so that I can click on the Materials icon with peace of mind and not worry about disrupting a video that is currently playing?

moderator edit: title for clarity 

5 REPLIES 5
KateG
GoTo Moderator

Re: New platform - Sharing a pre-recorded video file

HI @donalmurphy 

I haven't heard of this previously, but believe I confirmed your experience, I'm following up with the team to see if this is a known issue and the status and will let you know. Thanks for your report and patience! 

Kate is a member of the GoTo Community Care Team.

Was your question answered? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution.
Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudo!

Free new user and admin training
donalmurphy
Active Contributor

Thank you for looking into this. I look forward to hearing more, and ultimately, seeing a fix implemented. 

donalmurphy
Active Contributor

Any update on fixing this gremlin?

KateG
GoTo Moderator

@donalmurphy no update yet, but I'm checking with the team. 🙂

Kate is a member of the GoTo Community Care Team.

Was your question answered? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution.
Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudo!

Free new user and admin training
lungsask
Visitor

I am also encountering this issue and it is quite frustrating. But yes, I'm glad that we have the ability to seek the video back to where it was prior to the interruption.