cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MohoWebinars
Active Contributor

Increase FPS of webinar recording and the Live event video FPS

Hi, I'm Mario from Lost Marble (mohoanimation.com). We do webinars monthly using your app. We need to increase the Encoded FPS for the recordings and also the video FPS when people is watching us live. I talked with support about this issue and they couldn't solve this issue so they told me to ask here. I'm the regular host of these webinars. We usually use the Classical version of GoToWebinar/GoToMeeting app for doing these events. Support told me to check my internet (it was OK) and use the NEW GoTo app settings and download the app. For testing purposes I followed these instructions and still, the recording with the new app is low (15-17FPS). We hope to get closer to 24 or 30FPS because we share the presenters' screens and we need to do demos using our software. We can't continue with choppy images and running videos like this. Can anyone help me with this? Thanks! 

4 REPLIES 4
GlennD
GoTo Manager

Re: Increase FPS of webinar recording and the Live event video FPS

Hi @MohoWebinars, welcome to the community.

Are you using Cloud Recording or Local Recording currently?

Glenn is a member of the GoTo Community Care Team.

Was your question answered? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution.
Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudo!.
Do you want a new feature added? Make sure you Kudo (vote) for the Idea

Free user and admin training
MohoWebinars
Active Contributor

Hi Glenn, thanks for your quick reply. On the settings we have "Save recordings to Video Library (recommended)"
MohoWebinars
Active Contributor

I also installed the GoTo app and I can't test a Practice or edit directly there. It sends me to the website (also when I click Manage). On the website event, when I click on Practice or Start, instead of opening the GoTo app, it always opens the old GoToMeeting app. Is there a way to change this? See attached. 

https://www.dropbox.com/scl/fi/1r4xda9tc8whs15clcxnx/Screenshot-2024-03-26-at-08.18.40.png?rlkey=otx...

GlennD
GoTo Manager

Thank you. By default when we screen share we limit it to changes on your screen, rather than a constant stream at say 24 fps. This is done to keep reduce the amount of data we are transmitting and the bandwidth requirements for Presenters and Attendees. As most customers are presenting a Powerpoint deck or demoing an application this meets the requirements, but if you are try to share a video on your desktop it will be choppy.   

For Classic GoToWebinar we added a Share Video feature that lets you upload a video in advance (or a YouTube link), and play it back in a dedicated stream at a higher frame rate. Before this was added customer would use tools like manycam to play videos through their webcam feed as it supports a higher frame rate. 

With the GoTo App we have added an Optimize for video option that improves sharing video on your desktop by maintaining a constant frame rate, but it also may lower resolution to achieve this. The Share Video feature is also available in the GoTo App, uploaded videos are listed in the Materials menu.  

From my own testing the Share Video feature gives the best result for video and enabling the Optimize for Video feature improves demoing applications. To fully switch to using the GoTo App sign into your account on the website and you will see a banner at the top, or select Settings in the menu on the left.

Glenn is a member of the GoTo Community Care Team.

Was your question answered? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution.
Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudo!.
Do you want a new feature added? Make sure you Kudo (vote) for the Idea

Free user and admin training