cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Berzsenyi
New Contributor

GoToWebinar co-organizer

Please I need urgent help with a question:

If there are 2 webinars set up by two different license holders and they each invite the other as co-organizers will they be able to start the others webinar if the webinars overlap or start at the same time? Both have the same webinar license and are on the same account. They can add co-organizers before the session to the webinar. Does this interfere with the rule that one license holder can have only one webinar at the same time? If you could test this it would be great.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
KateG
GoTo Moderator

Re: GoToWebinar co-organizer

Hi @Berzsenyi 

My co-worker and I tested your scenario and found that if two organizers both have licenses and both schedule webinars with each other, they can start each other's webinar even if there is a time overlap. 

Additionally, if a co-organizer starts a webinar and the organizer is not in the webinar, they would need to make someone else the organizer, to prevent the webinar from closing, before leaving and starting their own webinar, even if on another computer. 

So if you are a co-organizer and take part in a webinar you can start your own webinar as long as someone else is currently running the webinar that you are leaving as the co-organizer.  Hope this helps. 

Kate is a member of the GoTo Community Care Team.

Was your question answered? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution.
Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudo!

Free new user and admin training

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
KateG
GoTo Moderator

Hi @Berzsenyi nice to see you. 

You mentioned: 

Berzsenyi
New Contributor

They both have a license and they both created their own webinars. They were supposed to be started one after the other not at the same time but they overlapped. What happened is that the co-organbizer started the first webinar not the organizer ,but by mistake. Then the same co-organizer wanted to start the other webinar their own one but they were not able to.  The question is really simple if you are a co-organizer and take part in a webinar can you at the same time start your own webinar from another device. I know it is probably not possible since you can only have one webinar running per license. The problem is when sales sold the licenses they said that you can have as many webinars as licenses. Customer was trying to start multiple ones from the same account.  They did this because they can only link one email address with Hubspot and did not want to integrate with Zapier to link another one.  Thank you for your time and effort.

KateG
GoTo Moderator

Hi @Berzsenyi 

My co-worker and I tested your scenario and found that if two organizers both have licenses and both schedule webinars with each other, they can start each other's webinar even if there is a time overlap. 

Additionally, if a co-organizer starts a webinar and the organizer is not in the webinar, they would need to make someone else the organizer, to prevent the webinar from closing, before leaving and starting their own webinar, even if on another computer. 

So if you are a co-organizer and take part in a webinar you can start your own webinar as long as someone else is currently running the webinar that you are leaving as the co-organizer.  Hope this helps. 

Berzsenyi
New Contributor

Thank you for your kind help.