cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ltufts
Active Contributor

Can't mute another organizer?

We hosted our first webinar today with the new GTW interface and were surprised to learn that there was no way for an organizer to mute another organizer's audio. This option definitely existed before the UI update. Is this by design or is this a bug? We need this feature as sometimes other non-speaker organizers are not aware they are unmuted, or not aware that we can hear background noise from their mic (in our case, a dog barking).

5 REPLIES 5
KateG
GoTo Moderator

Re: Can't mute another organizer?

Hi @ltufts thanks for stopping by the Community. 

I tested this and confirmed with the team that Organizer's can't turn off audio for another Organizer in the new beta version. This should not be the experience and we passed the feedback on to the team. 

I appreciate your report, thank you! I will update the thread when I have further information. 

Kate is a member of the GoTo Community Care Team.

Was your question answered? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution.
Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudo!

Free new user and admin training
eSklzWebinarSup

Hi @KateG ,

I belong to the same organization as @ltufts. I produce and project manage our all of our webinar series. I have a large and comprehensive list of questions, comments, and bugs I'd like to pass on and/or inquire about. I've talked to 3 different service reps, have been transferred to 4 different numbers, and I'm currently on hold for the 5th time. Is there an email I can contact to get support for GoToWebinar? Maybe even your direct e-mail?

Thank you!

KateG
GoTo Moderator

Hi @eSklzWebinarSup thanks for joining the community. As a beta version, we do want to hear your feedback on the GoTo Webinar experience along with any issues and questions you have. 

First, do check out the GoTo Webinar beta hub. It's filled with articles, videos, user trainings, and a link to the 'Ask the Experts' sessions. 

I took a look at your case and saw that our support team reviewed your issues and feedback. I can also try and answer some of your questions. 

• You can not hide results from presenters. We recommend a survey at the end of the webinar instead of a poll during the webinar to keep information private. 
  • To ensure all of my organizers/panelists have the same icon, you should add an image to your GoTo Profile in the Settings it will show up instead of your initials
  • If a presenter is unable to mute, we would need to know more details about how they joined. You have to check the box to include computer audio when you select which screen/window you want to share. 
  • For issues with audio and video, we need to know more details. Attendees should check what audio option. For video issues,  the video window may be minimized or behind another window, which is why "show camera" helped.
  • Listen-only members do not have the ability to use their camera and/or microphone. An Active Attendee has been given permission by the organizer to use their camera or microphone, the corresponding icon (camera, microphone) under Active Attendee shows you which permissions they have. 
  • We are aware that organizers can not mute other organizers. A product manager confirmed this functionality will return. Organizers can mute panelists currently. 

I look forward to hearing further about your experience and sharing your feedback with the team. Thanks. 

JenL
New Contributor

Hi, I'd like to know when you will have the Admin/Organizer function implemented where we can mute or unmute a panelist, presenter, co-organizer? I had an instance a few days ago where I didn't know whether my presenter muted herself because she needed to drink water or cough. So, I waited less than a minute until I realized she started to move slides but the audience and panelists couldn't hear her. She was unaware that she placed her microphone on mute. I couldn't unmute her. I had to interject to ask her to unmute herself. How awkward for our business and now we don't have a flawless recording  with missed content to offer our clients. Which brings me to the awful video editor. When will you offer a better video editor where I can enter the start/end times of where I want to trim to the millisecond without using a mediocre bar range that doesn't result in accuracy? 

KateG
GoTo Moderator

Hi @JenL welcome to the GoTo Community!

I just tested the feature and the ability to mute an Organizer is back. Good news! 

We don't offer the ability for organizers to unmute others without permission as a privacy concern. Instead, you should click on the drop-down next to the person's name and 'ask to unmute.' The participant will then see the message below, so you shouldn't have to interrupt the webinar with the request. 

Screenshot 2024-02-29 132816.png

Regarding the editor, it's intended for basic jobs like trimming the start and finish, there are editing software packages available for purchase if it's something you do often.