cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
galmind
Active Contributor

Maybe I missed it, but didn't there used to be a Fit Button?

I recall there was previously a "fit" button with a -/+ symbol next to it for adjusting screen view on the user's side?  Is this no longer a feature?  

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
GlennD
GoTo Manager

Re: Maybe I missed it, but didn't there used to be a Fit Button?

Hi @galmind,

Yes, in the new GoTo App there is a +/- option, it is displayed when the attendee moves their cursor over the shared window.

If you as the Organizer enable the Beta, they will also have the option to use Flexible layout and break out the various windows and select real full-screen mode.

Glenn is a member of the GoTo Community Care Team.

Was your question answered? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution.
Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudo!.
Do you want a new feature added? Make sure you Kudo (vote) for the Idea

Free user and admin training

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
GlennD
GoTo Manager

Hi @galmind,

Yes, in the new GoTo App there is a +/- option, it is displayed when the attendee moves their cursor over the shared window.

If you as the Organizer enable the Beta, they will also have the option to use Flexible layout and break out the various windows and select real full-screen mode.

galmind
Active Contributor

Great!  Our previous screenshot showed the Fit button horizontally and now it is vertical on the right side.  Thanks for your assistance.

jcontino
New Contributor

I'm not finding where, as an organizer, I can enable/disable the beta experience.  Yet, it was enabled recently and has caused freeze up of my system when using the Pop Up/Merge windows feature.  How do I disable the beta so I don't have he option of using the Flexible View features.

GlennD
GoTo Manager

Hi @jcontino,

Do you mean you just started using the GoTo App? Organizers/Presenters have had the flexible layout (aka Presenter mode) for a while now. The new beta option just enables it for meeting attendees as well. 

Can you share some more details about when your system froze? Do you use a Windows PC or a Mac? What version of the operating system? Desktop or Laptop? 

jcontino
New Contributor

I always default to using the App.  I use a Windows 10 laptop and dual monitors.  In most cases, I join as an Organizer or Co-organizer.  I've successfully used Presenter mode in the past.  In most cases, I'm sharing my screen and have my chat, people, and camera windows on the second monitor

Yesterday, when I joined as a co-organizer, I saw the top toolbar display with a Beta logo on the right side.  I'm not certain how that Beta got turned on.

My issues developed when I merged the windows while sharing.  I lost audio and I no longer had any GoTo toolbar.

KateG
GoTo Moderator

@jcontino Thanks for the additional context. As Glenn mentioned the Beta label is for flexible layout which is now rolling out to attendees, it was previously only available to organizers. As someone who was an organizer previously, it shouldn't be a different experience for you. When you select Pop Out Your traditional desktop view will close in favor of a new primary toolbar that you can drag and drop to your preferred location, this toolbar will go away when you merge the view. 

Regarding losing audio, you may want to check for driver updates on your laptop. 

There are a couple of ways to check for updated drivers, I found a YouTube video that you might find useful: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=34eeYJVtWg4
  1. Left-click the Windows icon in the corner and type Device Manager, then open it
  2. Click Display Adapters in the list
  3. Make a note of the type of video card you PC has installed
  4. Right-click on it and select Update driver software
  5. Select Search automatically for updated driver software
If it finds an updated driver it will download and install it for you. Often Windows will say the best driver is already installed, in which case you may want to check the manufacturer's website directly. 

Kate is a member of the GoTo Community Care Team.

Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudo!

Free new user and admin training