cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Make sure you Kudo Ideas you would like to see implemented

Chat Ability for All Attendees

Chat Ability for All Attendees

Can you have attendees in GoToWebinar talk or text "chat" to each other during a live 500 attendee event??

If you can't - PLEASE - change it so they can. It is terrible that there is no way to have the attendees interact with each other -

We have a weekly webinar on the same day, and same time EVERY week. Our clients like to be able to come to the event and interact with each other - and with the GoToMeeting there is no way to do that.

Only the organizer can see the "Questions" from attendees.

Let us know if there are plans to FIX this, thanks!

168 Comments
Jodi Bepler
Would really appreciate an update from Citrix on this issue.

1. Are you working to create a text among attendee feature?
2. What is the time frame before this will be available.
Adam Chirico

I need this feature for GoToWebinar. We purchased a 1 year license and I will not be renewing if this feature isn't added. Allowing attendees to chat with one another takes away the feeling of isolation. This should be an option in the control panel. "Allow attendees in chat"

Can someone from Citrix let me know if this is still being considered? It seems to be that there is a following. A lot of comments for this in the past few weeks and months.

Samantha Burges
GTW - Hi, I'm a consumer of a product being provided by someone, and I'm extremely frustrated by what appears to be a lack of transparency regarding their "webinars".  The  "Eric from New York just joined, and Molly from Saskatoon" and 'Wow -- 5 people are making thousands of dollars" ...without being able to cross talk with other participants is very unpleasing.  As a customer of a multi-thousand dollar product that uses webinars for their "Guru mentoring" .... I personally want you to know that what your customers are asking for is legit.  Today, I question the legitimacy of the products one of YOUR customers provides, BECAUSE there isn't transparency while they are talking to us.  The number of them that say "there are 300 people listening right now, and you are all saying the same"....it just feels fake.  As a participant, I can't ask questions or cross check anything they say, or see the questions that remain unanswered....I'm stuck with the so many questions - not enough time response....and the questions they answer are SO flipping easy....so how do I know they aren't making up easy questions to avoid mine? How do I know people are making money online using their product?  How do I know that I'm not the only fool out there listening to them?  Having to believe the "Guru" when they say my peers are making money is so 2005.  2015 will be a year of more transparency especially with all the sham and shady businesses online.   Help your customers, enable transparency with questions and answers.  It's the least you can do for me, your customer's customer.  

Thanks.
Rebecca Smolar
Agreed - this is one of the many features that is needed on GotoWebinar.. My list of necessary functionalities that GoToWebinar is growing by the minute..
mj3
Any word on this request?  Blackboard give you the ability to allow all users to see each other's chats.  Makes for a very interesting, interactive, collaborative learning experience.
mj3
As Michael Jackson said, "you are not alone, I am here with you."
Valeria Fiorent

GlennD
GoTo Manager
Hi Valeria,

This support article details the various ways to communicate in GoToWebinar: http://support.citrixonline.com/en_US/webinar/knowledge_articles/000022669?title=How+to+Use+the+Atte...
Ashley Compton
We would like it too. We are considering another program since this is not an available feature. 
Avi J
This is a bit frustrating. We bought a GoToTraining license to avoid this issue (GoToTraining does allow a public chat), but GoToTraining imposes a limit on registration (based on your license, so registrations would be limited to 100 if you have a GoToTraining 100 User License). Not what we want when running a free webinar. It seems like they have intentionally hobbled their products, they have one functionality in one product and another in a their different product. What would be great is at least one product that just works.