cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
donalmurphy
Active Contributor

New platform - Pop-out functionality

If I choose to use the Pop-out functionality before the start of a broadcast to arrange the dashboard to my liking, it reverts to the default setting once I start the broadcast and start sharing a screen. As I’m presenting I have noticed that the Pop-out functionality is then disabled and will only re-enable after I finish sharing my screen. Can the Pop-out function be enabled regardless of whether or not someone is in presentation mode?

7 REPLIES 7
KateG
GoTo Moderator

Re: New platform - Pop-out functionality

Hi @donalmurphy

With flexible layoutYour desired layout is saved and readily available for future sessions. Are you using the desktop app? 

Kate is a member of the GoTo Community Care Team.

Was your question answered? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution.
Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudo!

Free new user and admin training
donalmurphy
Active Contributor

Yes, I'm using the desktop app.

KateG
GoTo Moderator

Hi @donalmurphy I haven't been able to replicate this with my setup, but can you let me know the following: 

• When you say the pop-out function is disabled what does that mean? Is it merged when you present? 
  • Can you tell me what device you are using to present?
  • Are you using one screen or two (are you using a monitor)? 

donalmurphy
Active Contributor

Hi Kate,

My responses in turn:

• When I'm sharing a video, for example, the Pop-out icon in the lower right of my Control Panel is greyed out and when I hover over it a text box appears stating that I will be able to use this feature again once the video has stopped playing.
  • I use a Dell laptop.
  • In addition to my laptop screen, I am also connected to two external monitors.

Cheers,

Donal

KateG
GoTo Moderator

@donalmurphy thanks for the additional information, your other post also helped me out too. 

Your system is similar to mine and tested your experience, here's what I saw when popped out:

• Sharing my screen and showing what I had on my monitors did not result in any change. I remained popped out.
  • Sharing a video I had previously uploaded did result in the screen merge.  I saw the message below indicating that I could pop out when the video was done. 

Based on the message, this appears to be intended behavior, I don't know why, but can see what I can find out. Can you let me know why this is an inconvenience? I'd like to share the feedback with the team. Thanks! 

Screenshot 2024-05-02 095243.png

donalmurphy
Active Contributor

Thanks Kate. The "inconvenience" for me is that I like to be able to put the Questions module and the Chat module on a separate screen and expand them to a size that is convenient and more visually appealing to manage effectively. When the organizer dashboard is one single experience and I'm not able to pop-out the different elements, I'm finding the visual experience to be constricting. For example, when questions are coming in thick and fast and I have say twenty questions I need to address, doing so is much harder when the Questions module is locked in place and I have to do a lot of back and forth scrolling, versus being able to pop it out and making it full screen whereby I'm getting a much more expansive view. This user experience was possible in the old version of the platform, so hoping it can be implemented in this new version. Hope all this makes sense. 

KateG
GoTo Moderator

@donalmurphy it makes sense, I'll share this with the team and get back to you.